The Highlights and the Low-light of The Week

Thank goodness it's Friday.

It has certainly been a mixed week.  My only Low-Light (which impacted on the whole week so a big low-light!) has been that I have managed to catch my first heavy cold in probably a decade from those hard-to-resist wet sloppy kisses from TC.  She caught the dreaded lurgy from nursery last week and had shaken it off and been well all this week, with masses of 3 year old energy whilst Mummy has been feeling rubbish.

But as us parents all know we have to (try) to keep calm (ish) and carry on.

My Highlights were:

1.  First thing Monday morning I got on an early train to London for the Britmums Christmas Do hosted by Morrisons.  A really lovely event with so much delicious Christmas food and drink to sample and a great opportunity to meet more bloggers.  Also had a sprint through London's Underground (did I say I wasn't well!) and a lovely long natter on the way home with Anya from Older Single Mum.

Thanks to Britmums and Morrisons for arranging and hosting.




2.  I'm doing a month long course and we have reached the third week and the exciting part for me so I hope to be spending some of the weekend watching screencasts and catching up on coursework.

3.  I had decided to move TC to another nursery (a whole other post) and was delighted to be informed that I could move her to another branch, thus avoiding another admin fee of £75 if I started afresh at a totally different nursery.

4.  Our new front door has finally been fitted and is fabulous, well worth the long wait and once the front of the house has had a little paint makeover it will look even better.  

5.  The cold is now on the wane after a week of sleeping 10 hours a night (bliss), eating soup and drinking swamp juice (except for Monday when I ate a lot of cake, see no. 1).

6.  It didn't snow.

So although it has been a trying tiring week, a few boxes have been ticked and now TC is tucked up asleep in bed I can finally relax.  

Thank goodness it's Friday.

Have a lovely, warm weekend.


MLM x

.




2 comments:

  1. I do hope you're feeling better. It was lovely to spend some time with you and catch up at long last. Better luck next week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better. The event looked like fun. Glad little one is better too x

    ReplyDelete