It has certainly been a mixed week. My only Low-Light (which impacted on the whole week so a big low-light!) has been that I have managed to catch my first heavy cold in probably a decade from those hard-to-resist wet sloppy kisses from TC. She caught the dreaded lurgy from nursery last week and had shaken it off and been well all this week, with masses of 3 year old energy whilst Mummy has been feeling rubbish.
But as us parents all know we have to (try) to keep calm (ish) and carry on.
My Highlights were:
1. First thing Monday morning I got on an early train to London for the Britmums Christmas Do hosted by Morrisons. A really lovely event with so much delicious Christmas food and drink to sample and a great opportunity to meet more bloggers. Also had a sprint through London's Underground (did I say I wasn't well!) and a lovely long natter on the way home with Anya from Older Single Mum.
Thanks to Britmums and Morrisons for arranging and hosting.
2. I'm doing a month long course and we have reached the third week and the exciting part for me so I hope to be spending some of the weekend watching screencasts and catching up on coursework.
3. I had decided to move TC to another nursery (a whole other post) and was delighted to be informed that I could move her to another branch, thus avoiding another admin fee of £75 if I started afresh at a totally different nursery.
4. Our new front door has finally been fitted and is fabulous, well worth the long wait and once the front of the house has had a little paint makeover it will look even better.
5. The cold is now on the wane after a week of sleeping 10 hours a night (bliss), eating soup and drinking swamp juice (except for Monday when I ate a lot of cake, see no. 1).
6. It didn't snow.
So although it has been a
Thank goodness it's Friday.
Have a lovely, warm weekend.