Next Bloggers Network Event

I was delighted to be invited to the Next Blogger Network Event yesterday, a brilliant day of speakers, networking and fun!  Unfortunately the weather had a better idea for us travelling to the venue but I managed to get there just over an hour late.


I used to wear a lot of Next clothes in my younger days, now I cherry pick the odd few pieces but do love dressing TC and usually find some lovely pieces in the Next sales.  Our best bargain buy last year being her gorgeous jacket for half price, she's wearing it again this year, don't tell the Fashion Police!

The Next store brand opened in 1982 and my friend Joanne and I were there!  We were teenagers and fashion crazy as teenagers mostly are, so much so that our mums both applied for a Next card and we made good use of theirs and of course had to pay all most of it back, cue Saturday jobs!

Next at the time was a new retail concept with a co-ordinated collection of own branded clothing and accessories in small boutique-style shops.  I do remember it being so different from anything out there back then.

Home Interiors was added in 1985 and when Mr J and myself set up home it was Next, amongst others that I decorated and furnished our first home with slowly but surely {had my own store card by then!}.  I still have a cushion, matching swatch of fabric {I used to sew back then} and leftover wallpaper, never one to throw anything remotely useful out!

Childrenswear was born in 1987, I also still have a boy's shirt from the early 1990's that my own son wore as a 2 year old and his gorgeous Next jumper is also secreted somewhere in the loft, couldn't bear to part with either.  Both are like new, such is the great fabric quality, maybe a grandchild of mine will wear them again one day.

In 1988 the home shopping Next Directory was launched, which seems a lifetime ago, has it really been that long?  A glossy, seasonal catalogue that came online too in 1999.  The history goes on from there, take a look on the Next website for an interesting timeline.

The Next Blogger Workshop ran 3 sessions, Branding & Advertising, SEO & Web Design and Film & Photography, all very informative and fun sessions, I came away with lots of notes to re-read and put into practice!  I was really surprised to hear from the top bloggers there that they post from 5 to 10 times a day!



It was lovely to meet and chat to some of the younger bloggers too and good to see the cameraderie between them.

The food was amazing too, The Hoxton laid on breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, ending with a cocktail before heading home into the chaos of the remnants of the storm. 

These fabulous branded biscuits were made by Bee's Bakery for the event, they were so delicious, I popped a couple into a sweetie bag {did I mention there was also a tuck/sweetie shop too!} to share with TC & Mr J. 




Thank you Next and The Hoxton Hotel for the great hospitality, it was a fun, relaxed and very informative event and thank you for the very generous goodie bag!


.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you had such a great time. I buy nearly all of Little A's clothes from Next - good value and well made. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So disappointed I couldn't make this event - no trains!! Sounds like it was great though, glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete