Great Bloggers Bake Off - Week 8 - Seeded Spelt Loaves

*Thank you to Helen & Jenny for my Star Baker Award this week!*


I never really realised how many weeks the Great British Bake Off took up until I started baking for the Great Bloggers Bake Off every week.  I was determined from the start to join in every week as a personal challenge to bake with ingredients I had never used before.

I had all the ingredients for a Chocolate Beetroot Cake but for the GBBO it needs to be a dairy free version so instead I baked the signature loaf using Spelt flour, the brief was to use a non-traditional flour and Spelt flour is one of the many flours I have bought with a view to trying new bakes, eventually! I made Spelt biscuits the other night when a craving for biscuits set in and the biscuit tin was empty!

I used a recipe based on the Dove's Farm one except I made mini loaves, omitted the nuts and added a mix of sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and flaxseeds to the top as well as the dough.  Before adding the seeds on top I egg washed the dough.




This produced 4 mini tasty loaves and makes a lovely breakfast bread, toasted or untoasted, topped with butter, cheeses, honey or even jam!



Teaming up for the 8th week with Helen at The Crazy Kitchen and Jenny of Mummy Mishaps, pop over to one of them to check out the spectacular array of bakes.


GreatBloggersBakeOff


12 comments:

  1. ooooh these look so lovely! a perfect rise too. the topping of seeds makes them very pretty and i would love to try a slice topped with butter yum! thank you for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look fab - I love seeds in bread & those little loaves are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd enjoy sitting down to tea with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Those mini loaves look delicious! What a talent you are MLM. Would you ever consider entering the bake off in 'real life' ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP and no, couldn't stand the stress of it all :) xx

      Delete
  5. Your loaves look gorgeous, you should add them to the link up here too: http://bakersanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the taste of spelt, and those miny loaves look divine......*salivates*. X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tasted spelt bread before and really like it, thanks OM x

      Delete