Dear Bloggers

It's that time of year when I feel that summer is really here, although super-busy I do feel a sense of contentment every morning when I feel the warmth of the sun and catch the glisten of the sea from our bedroom window.




I'm taking a little time out again this August, TC is a year older and so much more on the go, changing so fast, so much more to see and do with her. I really want to spend as much time with her as possible, this being the last year we will have such flexibility to our days before she starts school.  She starts her new pre-school in September along with her nursery placement so my little girl will be busy without me some days, but learning and having fun with her new friends too.

I have lots of little trips out planned for us which involve plenty of picnics on the beach and the beautiful countryside we have around here.  Picnics are her (current), favourite way of eating, I'm not sure she realises that summer ends every year and that we won't be able to eat al fresco, oh to be 3 again with that unspoken innocence.




We have our list of mummy and me outings that we are determined to get all ticked off whilst the weather is so great but if it rains we have our contingency plan list or tin-gee list as she refers to it.  I have laminated both lists as she is insisting they are hers and must go in and out of her bag, thus becoming dog-eared!

I also want to give my food blog a lot more love and attention and an opportunity that has come my way through it.  So you may see the odd, "Over on the Food Blog" type missives and the odd scheduled post, as I'm sure I won't be able to stay away from writing completely and I shall still be reading all my favourite blogs and popping in to comment.

I wish you all a wonderfully fun-packed August, I hope the sun shines wherever you are and that we all get the chance to relax, kick back and enjoy this glorious weather (but what a great thunderstorm the other night and it's currently raining as I type!) way into September.  

I bid you adieu for now.



19 comments:

  1. Have a lovely August! I hope you get to tick everything off the list and perhaps get to do a few extras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FT, the ticking off has begun! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a fabulous August all planned out. I'm sure you'll have the best time! I love that you have laminated lists. I look forward to hearing about your food blog. Thank you for linking up with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picnics are a firm favourite here too...even those in the living room count! I see how we're doing the same and fitting in quality time with our little ones before pre-school...I have a 6 year old too, so it makes 1:1 mummy/daughter time more difficult, but we're making the most of what we've got :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about a picnic isn't there, no matter where it is! Yes, time is going so fast, let's make the most of the time with our LO's.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a great summer and manage to do everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your plans, we've had torrential rain today so not the best start to August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, the rain has stopped so full steam ahead!

      Delete
  6. Have a lovely break - we will miss you! Looking forward to hearing more about your food blog - will be popping back to see that. Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are kind, it is hard fitting the 2 blogs in :) xx

      Delete
  7. Have a great August. See you when you get back to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay have an amazing summer honey and cant wait to see more of your food blog

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds to me like you have some great weeks ahead of you planned.... have a fabulous break MLM... and see you on the other side! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, see you on the other side, hope your writing is going well xx

      Delete
  10. Have a good break and a great summer! :)

    ReplyDelete