You are 3!

My darling girl, you are now 3!  I know I keep banging on how fast this time is going, but it does, life keeps whizzing past.  Everyone remarks how tall you are and always feel the need to comment on what you will be, a basketball player, a supermodel!  Whatever you decide on will be ok with me, I have learnt a lot of life lessons and will guide you but also go with a little flow because life really is too precious to be stifling dreams.  My own father did it to me and I won't do it to you.

Watching you grow and blossom over the last year has been a little surreal, I gaze at you often when you aren't looking and get lost in the innocence you still have in abundance, I hope you retain this for a long while to come, it is so comforting and familiar.  I'm already thinking about the things I'm going to miss when you grow up and am bathing in every moment and clinging onto things for just that little while longer, this last year has been a blast, we've had so much fun and we've covered so much ground.




You started nursery in January and loved it from the minute you went through the red door, you took your daddy's heart failure in your stride and have helped him recover with your unconditional love and making him watch endless Peppa Pig episodes tucked up on the sofa together.  You show tremendous ways beyond your years in your love for our dog who needs a helping hand as he cannot see anymore, you help him find his way back home and feed him doggy chews, he loves you especially when you give him the remnants of your dinner in his bowl!




And talking of food, you have a thing for the kitchen and can put together a "meal" for yourself, raiding the fridge and cupboards for biscuits, cheese and fromais frais complete with plate and cutlery.  You are so articulate in everything you do, very precise and like mummy want to get it right first time, we won't always succeed but we'll have fun trying!

Your love of books is growing daily, along with your book collection, you really are like mummy in that respect, we both love reading, although you are still at the picture stage but are beginning to recognise words and I can hear you singing the ABC song every day as you go about your day, still getting a little confused with the U, then double U, usually it's just double, x, y, ZED!

You have become averse to the camera, which is very frustrating for me as I love taking a memory bank of photos and videos for you, one day you will love to watch them and be pleased to have them to show your children.  You are still so comical and make us laugh with your antics and if I'm lucky I catch them on "film", thank goodness for digital camera's, I can click away endlessly then get the few that are great shots.


not another photo mummy!

Your mobile phone and computer skills are amazing and the funniest thing is seeing take photos of yourself, holding the phone in the air, it cracks me up!

You still have very little patience, but are learning, maybe you can teach mummy the secret if you find it! We are waving bye-bye to the Terrible Two's, will the temper tantrums magically disappear, I think not, but you would not 
be who you are without your feisty spirit.





Happy Birthday Sweetheart

.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Birthday to your sweetheart-sadly the tantrums still exist but the maturity my little man has shown since turning 3 (now 3 and a half) shocks me...where has my baby gone! A gorgeous age and what a pretty girl! www.honestmum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, sounds like the tantrums tone down a little, yes a gorgeous age going too quick!

      Delete
  2. A very Happy Birthday to TC. Such a lovely image to think of her caring for your little dog. What a sweetheart. Lovely post. Wishing you all a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MP, when she comes in the first thing she does is run to find the dog and gives him a cuddle x

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous girl. I have to say, three is such a great age - lovely photos! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks OM, looking forward to the 3's, sad to say goodbye to the 2's, I watched her sleep for ages the night before x

      Delete
  4. A beautiful post to a beautiful girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! Gorgeous photos. Happy belated birthday to your girl. I can totally feel your pain about the camera, my 2.5 year old absolutely hates it! She shouts 'no photos' as soon as i get it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know it's a struggle to get her to look at me but as I say thank goodness for digital and clicking away! x

      Delete