How does your Garden Grow? - A Quickie!


I'm typing this whilst TC is snoozing in the background, an afternoon nap a couple of times a week now is all she do, but a welcome hour or so for me to think straight!

It's a very quick quickie this week for Mammasaurus How does your Garden Grow linky. July is turning into a whirlwind of activity every single day so far and something has been added to my diary at short notice that I could not turn down.

I have won a full 3 day weekend pass to Food Blogger Connect courtesy of Lidgates and I am so excited to go, my first foodie blogger event!  So London (home) here I come.  Mr S is very kindly looking after TC and it's only 45 minutes to the event by train so I can be home each night for bedtime, albeit probably a later one for a couple of days.

Snapped a few things around the garden this week plus the local Poppy field which goes on for miles and miles of red carpet, papery blooms swaying and dancing in the breeze.  



The rain and the sun are still tussling for position here, one day beautiful, warm, sunny, the next drizzle, moody, overcast and grey.  I have a lot of outdoor events to go to this month including TC's birthday party at the end of the month so I'm putting in my cosmic order for wall to wall sunshine, it can rain at night if it must!

.

23 comments:

  1. wow that poppy picture is amazing it looks like an artist painted it. Great shots of the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, it is quite stunning as you drive past the poppy fields.

      Delete
  2. I love the poppy field. It looks like your apples are coming on nicely too. Have a super time at the blogger foody conference - what a wonderful thing to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, quite stunning, apples growing well. The foodie conference was brilliant!

      Delete
  3. lovely shots. those poppies are amazing! have an amazing time. how wonderful to be able to get away a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lovely to get away for a couple of days, it was very hot though!

      Delete
  4. Oh my word those poppies are amazing. Your apples are coming along nicely, mine are still a bit tiny and pathetic looking. Congratulations too on your Foodie blogger event, I bet it will be brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are pretty stunning. At least we have apples this year! Foodie blogger event was great! x

      Delete
  5. I love your Poppy field but that be because I'm biased - my toddler is called Poppy! The insects are pretty impressive too :)

    www.podcastdove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should come down next year and do a photo shoot with your Poppy!

      Delete
  6. The poppies are stunning!! Absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY THAT POPPY FIELD! I love poppies but have never seen a field of them, I think if I saw that in person I may implode with excitement. Love the fly photo - how close? Brill!

    Enjoy Food Blogger Connect - when is it?

    Thanks for joining in again - enjoy the sunny weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stood in the field! Amazing!
      Food Blogger Connect over the weekend, was fab!

      Delete
  8. Oh goodness what a stunning red poppy field. I adore it. You've made me smile :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've certainly brightened up my day with the poppy picture and it looks like I'm not the only one. It's good enough for a greetings card! Enjoy the Foodie blogger event, it sounds like it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the FBC was great! Wouldn't that be nice to have your photos on greetings card or such like!

      Delete
  10. Again, beautiful shots! Hope you have a great time at the food blogger event! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks OM, I had a great time, it was really hot though!

    ReplyDelete