Badger Me!

My toddler girl has very fair lovely skin, she inherited it from my mum's side of the family, I got the light olive skin that tans easily, all my babies got the blue eyes, I got the brown eyes.  

We haven't had the need for sunscreen for very much of this year, I remember way back in April when the sun shone a bit but since then the weather this year has been a little disappointing.  Even so I had heard from a friend that Badger Sunscreen was a great product for children so we bought some to try out and finally we have sun and buckets of it!  Apparently it is going to stretch out into the next 6 weeks, which is great news for Miss TC's birthday weekend celebrations.

Our current Badger sunscreen has SPF 30+ and a lovely light Lavender fragrance, ideal for TC.  I'm not keen on that white cast some sunscreens with a higher factor leave on the skin.  Badger leaves no such white mark once lightly blended in, it melts easily into the skin and also is not overly greasy either so 2 ticks straight away.  It is also water resistant retaining its SPF for 40 minutes of water activity (or perspiring!) which is a huge bonus at the moment as TC is water obsessed with her paddling pool.


Badger children's sunscreens contain certified natural and contain organic ingredients such as shea and cocoa butter, olive and jojoba oils, vitamin E and essential oils.  They provide broad spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays, A is for ageing and B for burning. 

We also have a baby sunscreen with Chamomile and Calendula, both soothing and comforting ingredients with an SPF of 34, both versions smell divine - Lavender and Chamomile my two absolute favourite essential oils.



I don't slather us with sunscreen when we first go out in the sun, sunshine is a vital ingredient for staying healthy and is the best source for essential Vitamin D3, so for the first 10 minutes I let her run around then apply.  We are never out in the scorching sun though (who thought I'd be able to say scorching sun this year!), I make sure she plays in shaded areas mostly, but do like the added protection of a natural sunscreen for those times on the beach where the only shade is our beach umbrella.

Badger sunscreens can be purchased here, highly recommended!


Disclosure:  none needed, I bought my own products because I really like them. All comments are my 100% my own.



2 comments:

  1. Really lovely post - little did we know quite how much suncream we'd need this year! Great to get some sunshine though, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charly, yes thankfully we did need the suncream after all! I love it too, it will be gone all to quickly :)

      Delete