What will She Be? - Magic Moments



Looking at TC from an early age I wondered what she might be, tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, probably not.  She is a little tinker, words echoing in my head from my own mother's mouth, something she called me many times, I was the proverbial, cheeky, naughty child.

At 2 years 11 months I can see her personality developing daily, she is showing signs of loving animals and is fascinated by bugs, those in the garden, not on the computer.  But yes, the computer, tablet and mobile phone, all competent, the way she flicks her little finger across the screen to get to the next page makes me smile, using apps that widen her knowledge base.  I think of myself at her age and it was a much different time technologically, there was no way of sending an instant message, we had to wait for letters to arrive, now everything is done in a flash and the world moves faster!

So, what will she be.....

She loves animals, especially doo-ies her first word for our dog .... a vet?

She loves a good scream (who doesn't) and her pitch is so high I fear for my crystal glass collection ..... an opera singer?

She loves bugs, except for flies, those she runs from, I have video'd this and we will laugh at this one day ..... a entomologist

She is enamoured by butterflies and runs around the garden after them and when they land on a flower she just gazes at them in wonderment .... a lepidopterist?

She adores the birds in our garden, we have everything from seagulls to ravens to wood pigeons to sparrows, tits, robins and wrens.  Every morning a seagull visits us by the kitchen window and she greets him with a wave and a "hello birdie"  .... an ornithologist?

She is fascinated by my every body part!  This came in useful when potty training (Mr J was relieved, no pun intended, that she was a girl, it was my turn to regale a child with the wonders of the toilet!). But apart from her fixation of my boobies as she calls them, which is quite natural as she breastfed for months and now she just pokes them affectionately or lays her head on my cushions, she loved learning about the parts of the body from very early on and now knows where most things are ..... a nurse, a doctor, a surgeon!?

She crawled and walked late, but once she got it there was no stopping her, she runs everywhere or pedals furiously on anything with wheels .... an Olympic athlete or cyclist?

She loves music, the way she strums her toy guitar, bangs on her drums (her daddy was a drummer) and blows furiously down her toy flute ..... a musician?

She loves dancing, when the music comes on she is up on her feet and boogying or headbanging stomping as we call it here ..... a dancer??

She has a knack for technology, her daddy is "in the systems and software designing biz", give her something and she will work it out, a child of the times .... IT anyone?
 She is very fond of mixing it up in the kitchen and some of it is even edible ..... a baker, chef, restauranteur?

She loves her books and her paints, crayons, markers and Aquadoodle.  We spend hours drawing and reading, she has a long way to go to rival my book collection but she is definitely on her way .... a writer, author or artist?


What will she be .... who knows, as they grow their interests wax and wane. Whatever it is, I will encourage her and be there at her side, it will be an interesting ride.

Linking up with Jaimie at The Oliver's Madhouse Magic Moments this week.


20 comments:

  1. Lovely post. It's amazing, isn't it, looking at our babies and thinking about the world of possibilities that lay ahead of them. And also how their little personalities start to develop at such a young age. Like you say, who knows what she'll be - but as mummies we stand and watch and support them while they spread their wings and follow their dreams. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely comments DFP, spreading their wings and following their dreams sums it up beautifully xx

      Delete
  2. awww this is so lovely honey, i often have the same thoughts for my 2!

    Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably one of the best parts of parenthood, watching with wonder and excitement and hoping that they follow their dreams and become what they want the most. Unfortunately, the growing seems to happen way too quickly. Brilliant post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that is so lovely, it's quite an exciting adventure - watching and wondering what life has in store for our kids. She's a very lucky girl having you to back her up regardless of what she chooses :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou, exciting and I cannot wait to see how she develops over the years.

      Delete
  5. Popping by from the mid week blog hop. Lovely post, my children change their minds on a daily basis about what they will be, currently I have a princess, an author and a hairdresser :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do change their minds often, I know I did! A princess, how fab, is there training for that?? :)

      Delete
  6. What a blessing having a little girl with her whole life ahead of her.My son left school 2 weeks ago and is a little man now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I know, hard when they grow up so fast, I have raised one to adulthood too.

      Delete
  7. Awww - I often wonder what mine will do......I wanted to be a nurse when I was little. My eldest son is pursing what we thought he would- a mechanic, but his big sister who wanted to be an air stewardess works in a bank lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah things change as they grown, both in good professions you should be proud.

      Delete
  8. A really lovely post! My little girl is just 15 weeks and i already find myself thinking. so grateful for the journey we have ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely Emma, 15 weeks so much ahead x

      Delete
  9. This is lovely. It's strange thinking of what my teeny tiny 9 month old will become!

    Mum of a Premature Baby ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love babies first year, so precious and so portable, enjoy yours x

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous wee post! It certainly sounds as though your LO will dip those beautiful tiny toes of hers into many things!

    Thank you for linking up with this weeks Mad Mid-Week Blog hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, love your comment! xx

      Delete