Weighty Woes - A Trip and the 5:2 Fast Diet

After starting the 5:2 Fast diet earlier this year, I have pretty much kept the weightloss steady (although I only weigh myself about once a month).


I have tried to keep a maintenance mode going with what is known as 6:1, very do-able, I usually make it a Monday, my most manic day of the week, although lately I have found a lot the days of the week equally as manic!  I find it much easier to do a fast on a busy day then I don't find myself thinking about food and saving most of my calories for my late evening meal stops my hands reaching for snacks, even though I am a "healthier" snack eater, they still contain a whole heap of calories!  I don't think many of us realise that the odd bite of this or small handful of that can result in weight gain, the worst is finishing off the kid's food, this now goes in our (ever hopeful, open-mouthed) dog if there is anything left!

One problem I have had is lack of real exercise, by that I mean anything other than the running around/swimming, etc I do with TC all week.  Here's the sorry tale.  About 3 weeks ago I found myself with a whopping 20 minutes to spare before I picked her up from nursery, I mean 20 minutes, 1200 precious seconds .... to myself! 

I had fitted in a lot that afternoon and thought I would stop for a cappuccino at the wine bar around the corner from the nursery and indulge in some light reading sitting outside in the sunshine (yes it was sunny too!).  Cappuccino ordered, book out, shades on, I sit down.  The ground was uneven under my chair and table (I like to be comfortable), I put my book down, stood up to put the table and my chair on some even ground and then it all went pear shaped!

My pump shoe caught on the uneven ground as I stood up, on a piece of very hard concrete sticking up - probably the only bit that was sticking up and I had to find it!  I toppled forward and went splat, my left hand hit the deck hard and sliced off a lump of skin which started to bleed profusely.  I looked for my shoe  and put it back on only to find my shoe filling with the red stuff too, I had gauged an even bigger bit of flesh from the tripping foot.

To cut a long story short, I had injured myself quite badly, a very nice man on a white horse came to my rescue, picked me up, dusted me off and helped me wash and dress my wounds in the loo!  And of course, my 20 minutes gone - poof!

So no exercise for the last 3 weeks, the first week I could barely hobble and feeling sorry for myself I treated myself to a very famous Swiss chocolate bar.  Last week I tried again but still so sore but yesterday I managed a touch so back in business I hope as the lack of exercise has resulted in a 3lb gain!  I miss exercising and really need it to burn excess calories because I love food, but I'm still so pleased I lost those 14lbs and until my trip they had stayed off!

If the sun would just stay out for a few weeks and warm the ground we walk on I could give it an extra push and lose another 6 lbs which would take me to my ideal weight. 

So, back on track and breathe.

Linking up to Wobbles Wednesday with Kate on Naked Mum - pop over to see how everyone is doing this week.

.



13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your injury and you can and will get back on track when the time is right. We are all in this for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we are, its a long slow process to keep going and keep it off!

      Delete
  2. Ouch, that sounds like it really hurt! No wonder you were off your feet for a while. Hope you're all better now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did Lauren, thankfully much better now.

      Delete
  3. Good luck reaching your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww honey so gutted you got hurt. I do hope you heal completely soon!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you're all better soon and able to get back on track :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, getting better, looking forward to getting some exercise x

      Delete
  6. There are some great tips there!
    I'm a freelance writer working on an article about mums doing the 5:2 diet to lose baby weight for an Australian parenting website. If you have time to answer a couple of questions please email me at clblagg@gmail.com thanks, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Join the club - I broke my toe yesterday and my biggest worry is that I will put on loads of weight just from not running around all the time. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and well done on the lost stone. (PS - I thought you meant a more exciting sort of trip. Oh well, next time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I wish there was a more exciting trip, with sun preferably! OUCH to the broken toe!

      Delete