The Gallery - Green - Real or Fake?

The Gallery Prompt over at Sticky Fingers this week is Green.  At this time of year we are surrounded by lush greenery, brought on by the amount of rain we have had this year.

The croquet lawn near where we live is so well coiffed and watered it is always immaculately well turned out for the croquet players.  Wish my lawns looked half as good!


At TC's nursery they have just had artificial grass laid down, the children were giving the real grass quite a battering in their joyous, boisterous playing so artificial grass was the answer!

I am so impressed with it, it looks real, none of that fake plastic, pointy, sharp stuff.  This feels soft on your feet and apparently can be vacuumed! I was wondering though how my dog would do, so to speak, if he did want to go, I have visions of muck spreading with my garden hose.  Maybe not then!





14 comments:

  1. I'm quite envious of the croquet lawn, it's immaculate but I wouldn't fake it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, would love a lawn that well behaved :)

      Delete
  2. Hee hee, snap, my post's of artificial grass today too! And yes it's true, you can hoover it, I was in fits when Mr B did ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, having a dog puts me off the fake lawn option too.

    Great pictures.

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, the more I read about fake lawns the more I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try one, just to see if it really was worth it!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of being able to Hoover it - I'd definitely like to see that happen :) It does look good, and being the owner of a rather patchy lawn, I'm a bit jealous of anyone who has a lush green lawn, fake or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our lawns are a bit frazzled in the heat now but a neighbour has an artificial lawn and it looks lush and green!

      Delete
  6. i am laughing at the fact that you can vacum the lawn lol imagine what the nieghbours would say if they say you doing that! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha brilliant! Grass that can be vacuumed! That made me laugh! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you imagine what might be sucked up though :) x

      Delete