How Does Your Garden Grow - Out and About

It's been insanely busy week this week, but it has been warm and sunny most days and yesterday a veritable heatwave!  I always keep my camera shoved in my very large handbag at all times and this week although I am careering around, I have seen so much beauty that I've screeched to a halt in the car a few times to capture the blooms.  This week is a mixture of what I've seen out and about and what's appearing in my garden.



I found these Poppies, similar to mine (and now I know they are called Oriental Poppies) at the house next door to TC's nursery.  I knocked on the front door to ask if I could nab some of the seed heads next week and was given the nod of approval, well I didn't just want to lop them off without asking!  



and these beauties are clamped to the cliff face at the beach, beautiful sea flowers on the rock face, I've tried seeding them in my garden with no success so far. We're there most days even if it is to grab a quick ice-cream en route to home, it's one of those places that brings calm after a hectic day. 


The fruit in our garden is coming along nicely, although there aren't too many cherries this year, usually both trees are heaving, I'll have to be up at 5am to fight the birds for what there is!  Same with the apples, at least we have some though.  Cannot wait to pick the strawberries and blackberries again.




How does your garden grow this week, hop on over to Mammasaurus blog to check out what everyone is up to!



10 comments:

  1. My that grid of colour is awesome I love how you've done it! Such brightness can't fail to make you happy can it?

    Blackberry picking is one of my favourite things to do with the kids - they love them luckily!

    Thanks for joining in again missus x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure, love joining in with this linky x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, those sea flowers are just beautiful. I have no cherries yet at all, but like yours, the birds get most of mine. The strawberries look as though they're coming along nicely. Home grown fruit is so satisfying isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only a few cherries here, miss the bumper crops we used to have before we had all that snow every year, think it affects the trees.

      Delete
  3. Those sea cliff flowers are gorgeous. We have a blueberry bush in our garden but it won't give any fruit for the first 2 years so hopefully next year will be the year we get to pick our own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, love having some fruit to pick in the garden, hope your blueberry fruits soon x

      Delete
  4. Your montage would make a wonderful poster of summer flowers and your strawberries look like ours, which is reassuring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea, probably cost too much to produce but I like it!

      Delete
  5. Stunning collage and I adore those poppies.

    ReplyDelete