How does your Garden Grow - Mr Kipling's Garden

Mr Kipling's Garden, that's Rudyard, not the cake guy!

There really is not much more I can say or show in my own garden right now, it's all quite prolific, the grass is going mad, the apples and cherries continue to grow, some of the Lavender is in full bloom whilst others are just budding and I'm looking forward to collecting the seeds from the Aquilegia and Poppies for reseeding next year.

Today we are visiting the Kipling Gardens.  Rudyard Kipling wrote some of his most famous works whilst living at The Elms between 1897 and 1902.  



Formerly within the grounds of The Elms, Kipling Gardens are now open to the public every day where you can see the walled rose garden, a chalkland wild area, ornamental grasses and a croquet lawn.

A croquet lawn always make Alice in Wonderland spring to mind except there are no flamingo's to use as mallets!

The gardens have been awarded the prestigious Green Flag award for 6 consecutive years.

The grounds:




Some of the many flowers, I would have taken more but I had TC running wild and one eye squinting into the camera lens leaves only one eye on her, leaving me cross-eyed!





How does your garden grow, linking up with Mammasaurus.





14 comments:

  1. Oh my no wonder he wrote such great works. I just love that dovecote built into the wall, how pretty. Just such beauty, if that were my garden I'd never go out, ever.

    Thank you for joining in and sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so pretty isn't the dovecote, no doves to be seen though.

      Delete
  2. I must admit to seeing that title and thinking cakes before fables! Gorgeous photos, what an amazing garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful garden! Love the brick walls with circle in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is lovely there, quite calm and magical.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, what a glorious garden. I would love to wake up every day, look out of my window and see that below me. How I'd love to spend my days in there. This Mr Kipling made an exceedingly good garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Kipling exceedlingly well, love that Nichola :) x

      Delete
  5. I adore that high wall with the circles in it - how lovely!
    Great photos and lovely colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got all excited when i saw Mr kipplin then you said not the cake lol funny lady, your photography is just lovely and the garden is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, maybe they should open a cafe there!

      Delete
  7. I have to be honest, I thought you meant the exceedingly good cakes bloke too! Ha ha! That garden is just so magical - lovely photography. X

    ReplyDelete