The Gallery - the Weekend

I had decided this year to try to attend as many Foodie Festivals, Farmers Markets, etc as I can now that my girl is over 2½.  But all good intentions and with her starting nursery, potty training, et al all  arriving at once plus the seemingly endless bad weather this year, I thought I would make the Foodies Festival at Brighton Hove Lawns on the May Day Bank holiday weekend my first foray into the foodie fiesta this year.

I've also wanted to join in with the Gallery linky for a while, I absolutely love photography and have since childhood when I helped my dad in his darkroom to develop prints.



Sadly Saturday was a bit of a wash out weather wise with rain and wind but this did not dampen my enthusiasm and I set off sans famille to snap some fabulous food and drink.   Once the family had arrived we sat down for our very welcome glass of Lanson champagne, absolutely divine and I had another later in the afternoon just because! 

For our taster meals, we chose a deliciously fragrant fish curry from Fishy Fishy and Jaime's nachos with various dips.   We were sat next to Gennaro Contaldo and family, Jaime Oliver's mentor and partner in Jaime's Italian, in the VIP tent, he was charm personified, signing programmes for all who approached him.  His show was quite brilliant, packed to the rafters with everyone enthralled by his culinary skills, he managed to produce 3 dishes in what seemed like no time at all.

We then grabbed some coffee's at the Coffee Bean Co. and headed home as the weather wasn't giving up any time soon but...




 
See the full weekend's antics and more photo's on my foodie blog Nutritious Deliciousness.








8 comments:

  1. Food markets can be lots of fun and usually a few samples to keep little ones busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos and that sounds like a pretty awesome way to spend a bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou, it was lovely and warm by Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Sounds fab and the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food was pretty fabulous, the drinks were too!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a fabulous time - the photos are great! My mouth started watering at those olives - how plump and green do they look?

    ReplyDelete