How does Your Garden Grow

Not much to report from the garden this week, the rain and wind came back again, soaking my Apple and Cherry blossoms, they seem to be intact still so really am hoping for some warm sun to bring them on more and let the bees do their work!



The seedlings are all doing well and some have been planted on into larger pots.  Some things are taking so long to germinate, I planted 3 differing heat chilli seeds and none came up so I planted more on top of those and they all popped up, then guess what, the others popped up too, so now I have a lot of chilli's, am already plotting what to do with them if they make it to fruiting and what I can freeze!  No Scotch Bonnet yet though, was really looking forward to cooking with those!



The tomatoes and Courgettes are all coming along nicely and will find their way into grow bags, pots and a hanging basket full of flowing Cherry Tomatoes - well that's the plan anyway!



Apart from the Dandelions and Borage, the only plant attempting to flower in the garden are the Acquilegia, every year they come up, the seed blown from a neighbouring garden as I know I didn't plant them myself.  The gloriously deep purple colour is magnificent and I can see some pink and white specimens too.  I am an avid seed saver and every year I collect the seeds from anything that will give up its seeds to me, it's a fascination I have had from childhood, I love showing TC how to collect seeds, of course she wants to eat them so am ultra careful as some seeds can be poisonous.





We're popping some sunflower seeds in pots this week, I don't hold out much hope but this year TC is ready to understand the seed in the pot, water, watch it germinate and grow into a flower, then if we even get that far, collect the seeds and do it all again next year.  I have put my cosmic order in for a warm, balmy September to make up for all the rain and snow thus far!

I am also planting some Forget Me Not seeds in memory of Matilda Mae, if they seed successfully I will plant them out at TC's nursery who I'm hoping will do some fundraising for the Lullaby Trust.  I want to scatter some seeds there too and let nature do its thing - it seems a fitting place.


How does your garden grow this week, hop on over to Mammasaurus to see some how everyone's garden is doing this week.



12 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought for Matilida Mae my dear.

    he dandelions have gone feral here, I am trying to like them but it's a struggle. I think I'm going to try growing chillis in my kitchen... you've created a spicy monster!

    thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I don't feel Jennie's pain but I do sadly...

      I've been busy today blowing the puffy dandelion heads over next door's garden, sharing the lurve haha!

      I do hope my chilli's bear fruit, I shall feel quite smug if they do!! xx

      Delete
  2. That is a LOT of chillis! My tomatoes, courgette and cucumbers are doing well but the pumpkin seeds I planted have been rubbish. We are also planting sunflowers this weekend - and sweetcorn (!) I also love the idea of the Forget Me Nots x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! If they all fruit I'll be sharing them with the neighbours, they already get apples, so maybe apple/chilli chutney, now there's a thought! x

      Delete
  3. Your blossom is stunning as are your Acquilegia. I had some for a few years I think it was the Columbine Magpie, but it stopped seeding and eventually disappeared altogether.
    I'm not sure how well my veg will do. I got all excited about getting it transplanted outside, but it is looking ropey and a rabbit has eaten most of our lettuce. I was hoping to be able to start using it over the next week or two, but bunny foo foo has had it away, there are only some stumps left lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blossom every year, not so keen on the sweeping up! If you'd like some seeds, do let me know I have several million :)
      Naughty bunny! I made the mistake of putting out a couple of courgettes and the snails had a right old feast, you'd think I'd know by now haha!!

      Delete
  4. looks like you have lots to looks forward to. i dream of cherry blossoms...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. none in Florida?? hopefully lots of lovely organic toms!

      Delete
  5. I'm dead impressed with your green fingers - your seedlings look fab, as do your other flowers. At the moment I am currently weeding the garden we inherited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so sweet to be impressed, I just popped the seeds in and kept in a warm place till germinated, then nature did the rest. Weeding is the hardest job, we've just had the gardeners in to do the hedges and grass, my back is very thankful xx

      Delete
  6. We have been planting this week too. Fingers crossed we are both successful, though I can see I may be left tending ours when the children lose interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing brilliantly with your planting. I'd love to do more, been difficult with an arm in plaster though! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete