How Does Your Garden Grow - My Magic Moment this week

A new Linky popped up in my inbox the other day from Mammasaurus and although I don't have much time to join in many Linky's, my love of photography wins out every time, I may not be the best out there but to me each photograph I take is a personal memory, a snapshot of life here and now.

Our garden has been late starting like most others this year, last year the wind took off all the blossoms from my apple and cherry trees, 6 trees in total, all usually laden with glistening cherries and bursting with apples until well into the Autumn, last year nothing.

So with the Apple and Cherry blossom starting to peep their flowers from their tight buds, I have faith this year we will see fruition!  It's always a magic moment for me when the garden starts springing into life, every leaf, bud and seedling gives me so much pleasure.  This year I had already started the garden when the second load of snow fell, blotting out all my hard work, thankfully some well established plants have survived.




The primroses and labyrnum are still hanging onto their Spring blooms and my Honeysuckle has weathered the winter and is now growing like a weed, I hope its flowers are prolific again this year, with Lavender and Honeysuckle the garden smells divine in the late summer sun.

The seedlings are doing well now albeit late, I'm only growing cherry tomatoes, larger tomatoes, courgettes, chilli's in varying degrees of hotness, basil, parsley and oregano.


We have a patch of grass that grows Dandelion's on it every year, we watch them turn from sunshine yellow flowers into puffballs that we always blow around and make a wish or two.



And my baby conker tree has grown and sprouted its giant leaves on its stick frame again, a neighbours child threw the conker over a few years ago and it rooted, I don't have the heart to uproot it and besides one day TC might need some conkers!



How does your garden grow, hop on over to Mammasaurus to see some other beautiful blooms.

Also linking this up with lovely Jaime at The Olivers Madhouse and Magic Moments, seeing everything sprouting is my magic moment this week.




10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have. I hope you get a bumper crop this year. My apple trees won't blossom for a while yet, but they are getting very old now and I fear they may be coming to the end of their fruiting life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have blossoms but still not up to speed of previous years but better than last year! Ours are old too but can pull them up, even had an extension built around one! We love them all.

      Delete
  2. Ah lovely happy colours to make everyone smile - I love it! Love the little seeds starting to shoot - I'm far to cack handed to grow anything like that so I have the utmost respect to you :)

    Love the idea of a designated dandelion patch - our whole garden is full of them at the moment!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that patch is a bit larger than it looks, I always leave them to seed, to me they are not weeds, but beautiful medicinal plants.

      Delete
  3. I love the garden at this time of year, i so ought to get out there and enjoy it instead of being inside!

    Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, let's hope for some warmer weather for more than 2 days on the trot!

      Delete
  4. I always got the impression you were a keen gardener. You must be to grow tomatoes from seed. Very impressed. I am hoping my plums make it this year, as like you, last year I had none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love growing seeds, TC "helped" me this year, so great to watch them all sprout and grow.

      Delete
  5. I particularly like the pictures of the seedlings! What a lovely garden you have. Wish I had green fingers - now I have a garden, I might have to don some gardening gloves! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening gloves on! It's very therapeutic, if you have time, sometimes I just have to whiz round weeding!

      Delete