How Does Your Garden Grow 3

Here comes the rain, do do do do, here comes the rain, I said "it's alright", who sang that, it is not alright!  It is nearly the end of May and still rain, wind, coooold!  Anyone else getting really cheesed off with the weather??

This week nothing much has happened in the garden.  The blossom is fully out on the trees and starting to fall now, the rainy, windy week smattered with the odd ray of sunshine thankfully didn't wipe them out completely before the bees have their chance with them.



More Aquilegia have shown their beautiful faces, more purple and a delicate pink with ruffled centres. 



I've planted out some ready potted flowers to fill in some gaps, a few Lobelia and Marigolds.  I flung some Calendula seeds I saved from last year onto a couple of sparse beds and they have sprouted, very slowly but they are there.  I look forward every year to their sunshine yellow and blazing orange daisy-like blooms which go on and on all "summer".

All my trees in containers that I planted from seed a 2-3 years ago have all come to life again.  I really need to find somewhere to plant them this year, the plan was to create a memory garden, we tried once a few years ago and the local rabbits stripped the foliage bare in days!



Our Hazel
 The Tomato and Courgette seedlings are nearly all planted out into containers, hanging basket and gro-bags, but as it has been so very cold for the time of year, they haven't grown at all, they seem to be suspended in animation, we need sunshine!

Outside of the garden, the fields are golden yellow, bursting with crops, interspersed with green fields, the stuff of oil paintings, they make the landscape so very pretty.  I found these Bluebells hidden amongst the nettles when I jumped out of the car to snap the scenery for another post.



And look who's come up and so fast..... the Forget-Me-Not seeds I had sown indoors last week to plant at TC's nursery in memory of Matilda Mae, so teeny, so delicate, hopefully they will be as gorgeous as the ones in a corner of our garden that come up year after year. 





How does your garden grow this week, hop on over to Mammasaurus to see some how everyone's garden is doing this week.




14 comments:

  1. I cannot believe the weather. May used to be a glorious month, my favourite in fact, but the last two years have been atrocious. I am starting to think the climate is shifting. The scientists have warned that global warming would bring cooler, wetter Springs and Summers, and I think its happening. I hope not. But I think it is. I am so impressed with your green fingers, and love what you have done for Matilda Mae. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its all gone a bit pear-shaped, I don't mind the rain but I really miss the warmth of the sun. So far it's just a few seeds, hope they will flourish and we can plant them out at the nursery xxx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! This is all looking like a lovely garden. I love forget-me-not, so poignant. Your blossom tree looks incredible. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our trees, hoping for fruit back on the trees this year too x

      Delete
  3. now was that eurythmics you were singing there :)

    we are sooo cheesed off with the weather i am expecting autumn to be the new spring.

    Your seedlings look fab and that aquilegia is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not eurythmics, although they did sing about the rain too. I googled it, it was George Harrison, the Beatles.

      The Aquilegia is so stunning, every year I love finding where its going to pop up next in the garden, the seeds just blow all over the place!

      Delete
  4. The blossom is so pretty, my pear and plum trees have now been overtaken by green but the apple blossom is still hanging on in there. I love your aquilegia's too. So pretty. I was given some seedlings of those last year and they have come out pretty yellow and pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a pear and plum tree, fruit trees are great in the garden. I am looking for Aquilegia seeds, mine have mutated into some other colours this year.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Aquilegia are stunning aren't they? They always seem like real 'cottage garden' flowers to me. I love that you are putting your seedlings out - I'm hoping to with mine soon. They are taking over the conservatory! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everythings out now, just have to watch out for the snails!

      Delete
  6. Those Aquilegia really are beautiful - great photos. I'm started to become slightly obsessed with taking pictures of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my obsession too, it's ok we're in good company :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures, I love Aquilegia such pretty flowers. We also have a hazel, and love when we get nuts in Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could get some hazelnuts from the tree, very lucky you!

      Delete