#R2BC - Reasons to be Cheerful this week



I don't join in with R2BC on Mummy from the Heart every week, there are weeks that fly past so fast that I get to the weekend, starting on Friday in my case and I look back and see what has gone on but so much of it is very run of the mill life, which suits me as it means a week of no drama!

First the uncheerful bit, power surge yesterday, lights flickered, usually reboots my computer, this time it completely wrecked my Sky router so no internet!  "Luckily" (back on the cheerful track) we have BT internet too so I was able to tack onto that after a dash to Maplins to get a bit of kit to hook it all up. Without the internet I can't work, blog or connect with friends online, so reliant we all are on the internet!

The last couple of weeks has seen me finally getting my eyes tested and getting some glasses but as is my luck they got the prescription a little off and I had to get retested so still no glasses, any day now I am hoping.

You are all going to think I am barmy after having being so happy about having my studio roof fixed but this week we also got a cracked drainpipe in our garage changed.  One of those jobs that needed doing for so long.  It meant having the garage floor dug up with pneumatic drills - that was fun, the house shook and the pong eminating from that area was "interesting"!  This will mean we can move forward on things indoors, more upheaval but necessary.


Which brings me onto... at least the weather has cheered up, Tuesday was the warmest day this year, it was positively balmy and with TC in nursery for the afternoon I took the liberty of taking tea on the seafront with a book and my favourite magazine where I ate finger sandwiches and cake, afternoon tea, peace and quiet, breathe and let it all go... until 5 when I jumped back on the travelator of life again... does a girl good to take a minute or 60 off once in a while!

On the health front Mr J is going for important heart tests in London next week when all manner of decisions have to be made, like how his heart is recovering or not and by how much, like the percentage of chance he has of survival if he chooses to go through with the next operation.  This may seem like it's not a R2BC but sometimes in life there are 2 doors marked "Come In" and you have to choose one, we just want to know which one.  

TC continues to blossom and grow, she is a lively child and nursery is suiting her well, they love the children there, it is clear to see with the affection they show the children and my cheerfulness is enhanced by knowing she is happy and enjoying her time there. 

.

12 comments:

  1. Your afternoon tea sounds delightful! Good luck to Mr J with his forthcoming tests. You sound very positive despite building work and the smells emanating from your garage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lovely MP, it was a single gorgeous sunny day and now the weather is back to grey and gloomy, glad I made the most of it! I think we can sympathise with each other about building works, it never ends, hope yours is going well xx

      Delete
  2. Hugs to you and MR J.... I hope all goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are the epitome of finding the silver lining. Wishing you luck with the test results . I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they say every cloud has a silver lining and you just have to find it, with my experience of life so far I know that you have to appreciate what you have and not what you don't have, hope that makes sense!
      Have followed your blog, hope life in Canada is going well!

      Delete
  4. i'm glad your little girl is enjoying nursery, good luck to Mr J with the tests next week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's only 2 afternoons a week but its good for both of us ;) x

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love that you took tea along the sea front - fabulous - and all the sea air. Fingers crossed for Mr J! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of your afternoon out. Sometimes we need to take time off life for a while. All the best to Mr J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing Mr J all the best next week and good luck with that hole in the garage! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the test results, wishing you all the very best x

    ReplyDelete