My nearly final #wobbleswednesday

I haven't posted here either for a couple of weeks or so, I am continuing with my fasting quest, albeit on a more manageable scale.  I find myself eating less but more nutrient dense foods so if I do fancy a glass of red or a mini chocolate swiss roll - they are divine, soft, and so very.... sorry, got a bit carried away there!  Anyway, you get the gist, I am finding the "diet" really does suit me and I am carrying it on as a lifestyle choice now. 

I am doing about 700 calories 2-3 days a week, this may sound harsh but I am so used to it now, having done it since the New Year and I am continuing to lose weight, it has slowed down but I haven't gained anything back!  Weighed myself yesterday morning and was down another half a pound, this from (another) week where I couldn't fit any exercise in except for my usual running around and a bit of erratic eating. 

I won't weigh myself regularly now, I only used to weigh myself a couple of times a year but I can really tell that my clothes fit me better once again, my coats close now without straining at the buttons and I can get some of my clothes back out again and of course treat myself to some new gear and Mr J has said he can see the difference the diet has made. 

Total weight loss this year is over 12lbs, I have surpassed my target of 10lbs and now want to try and go a further 6lbs, it's very do-able and although I am no longer counting calories, I kind of know what's really outrageously calorific now and avoid it on my lower calorie days or treat myself to a bite or two of something delicious when not fasting.

So this may be my nearly final #wobbleswednesday, there's not too much more to say, I can highly recommend the 5:2 diet and the alternate day diet too, it is hard for the first 3 or 4 fast days but it gets easier after that.  My main food and drinks on my fast days are now highly densely nutritious soups that I make myself, full of vegetables and a few beans, huge naked salads, my Get Up and Go drink from Patrick Holford which is choc full of nutrients and when made with water (sometimes Almond milk) is a scant 66 calories (with Almond Milk add 29 more calories) and quite a few cups of tea (with carefully measured milk!).

Thank you Kate Naked Mum for hosting #wobbleswednesday, I shall pop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing and update every few weeks.

.


10 comments:

  1. Very well done on your loss and surpassing your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and thanks for continuing to support those still on a long weight loss journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I think everyone is doing really well, still interested to read how everyone is getting on.

      Delete
  3. Well done for reaching your goal. I've had a few weeks of just maintaining as I've lost my umph with dieting and counting calories. Sometimes life is just too busy. I still have another stone to lose though so I don't want to give up entirely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I think I'm done counting calories too, life being busy is what sometimes makes me drop a couple of extra pounds!! Don't give up, take a little break, come back renewed xx

      Delete
  4. Amazing result - you clearly have a lot of determination MLM! Well done :0) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, once it started coming off it was such an incentive, but yes I am one determined lady (or is that stubborn?? :))

      Delete
  5. My goodness me! I am so impressed with what you have achieved - way to go MLM! X.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Great result! One if my colleagues does 2 fasting days a week, but I'm just not convinced I could manage it. Instead I'm trying to increase my exercise. I've got about 9lbs to lose to bring me back to the weight I was comfortable at.

    ReplyDelete