Sweet or Savoury? It's Pancake Day!

They say opposites attract, we are like chalk and cheese, me & Mr J.  He loves sweet and I prefer savoury, which means a lot of pancakes on Pancake Day!  Yes, it's Shrove Tuesday again, there must be a brake somewhere that we can hit to slow time down a little, wasn't it new year the other day, where did the last 6 weeks go??

I digress, it's Pancake Day!!  I'm sure you don't need a recipe for basic pancakes, easy to put together with store cupboard ingredients.  The fillings or toppings are what makes them special, these are our favourites:


 
Sweet

Banana mashed onto the pancake, fold the pancake into 4 and drizzle with melted chocolate.  Mr J also loves a drizzle of maple syrup too.

Toffee apple (or banana aka banoffee!), gently warm dulce de leche in a pan, add sliced apples to the pan and cook until the apples are soft.  Slather over a pancake, fold then add another layer.

Savoury

Grate Gruyere cheese onto a flipped pancake whilst still in the pan, it will melt whilst the pancake cooks, add your favourite seasoning to the cheese whilst melting (I love black pepper and chilli), add ham of your choice, fold and devour.  Anything with melted cheese is a favourite of mine!

Smoked salmon on a pancake with a squeeze of lemon, black pepper, fold and dollop some creme fraiche or soured cream on.  Not just for pancake day, this is great for a special weekend brunch.  I prefer brunch to breakfast, never hungry when I get up but by 11am I am usually starving!

~~~~~~~
& for TC a mini pancake with sliced strawberries and blueberries on her favourite Greek yoghurt.  I may join her on that one!

.




2 comments:

  1. Well I made sweet pancakes this evening - with lashings of butter and maple syrup - yum! X.

    ReplyDelete