Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC

I haven't had much time to stop and think in the last couple of weeks about R2BC, when time flies it can mean that things are going more smoothly in our household.

My reasons to be cheerful this week (and probably last week too!) are:

The flat roof on my garden studio sprung many leaks and finally the men arrived to fix it properly.  Mr J had patched it up several times but new leaks just kept on coming!  I love my studio, its like the male equivalent of a garden shed except its got proper bricks and windows!

We've had some deliciously sunny days where I can sit on my front porch with a steaming hot cup of tea, watching TC playing with on her slide and chase the dog around the apple tree.  It truly is a lovely picture.

I'm slowly and sensibly losing weight and feeling great now that I have added exercise regularly into the week.  

The evenings are getting visibly lighter, even more so when the sun has been out and the sky is clear, plus the added bonus of some spectacular sunsets we get here.  TC is no longer falling asleep on the short car journey home from nursery now, the darkness and the lull of the car sent her off after a busy afternoon.  This is a good thing as it always upsets her being woken, as you know that girl can sleep!

Pop on over to Michelle's blog at Mummy from the Heart to join in the linky. 
.

18 comments:

  1. Good to hear you sounding so cheerful - and to know that the lack of food is not making you miserable! Well done on sticking to the fasting plan.

    How lovely to have a studio in your garden. I now have visions of you as an artist?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely space, had it purpose built some years ago, have used it for many things including work, am very creative but no artist.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your roof is fixed and you have enjoyed the sunny days, I cannot wait for the Spring now, I need some warm sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama Owl, I am sun lover too, any chance and I'm out in the fresh air! x

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm so with you on the sunshine thing - a welcome relief isn't it? It definitely feels as though spring is in the air, I'm just doing a dance to warn off the snow that is forecast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep dancing Suzanne :) I haven't got time for any more snow disruption!

      Delete
  4. I love the winter, but I still like it when the days start to get a bit longer again. Spring/summer is so much easier than winter when you have kids, isn't it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not me Lucy, the shorter the winter is the better for me :)

      Delete
  5. Oh that does sound like a heavenly picture x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Joanna, one more for the memory banks to be pulled out when I'm old(er) and grey x

      Delete
  6. Oh, you do sound in great spirits, and your studio sounds fab - I would love to have something like that. Don't the lighter evenings make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just happy the weather has cheered up OM. Studio is lovely, all mod cons, water, electricity and a loo! what more do you need :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love the lighter evenings! Lets hope the weather warms up soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lets! the sun is out but it's still pretty freezing, a walk on the seafront today was "bracing" :) xx

      Delete
  8. We have a flat roof with a leak as well so glad you managed to get yours repaired! Roll on spring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pesky leaks! the snow delayed the repairs, and guess what... it hasn't rained since they fixed it!! x

      Delete
  9. Excellent reasons to be cheerful. Some space to call your own sounds wonderful. Isn't it great when you feel the sunshine on your face after what feels like an eternity of winter! X

    ReplyDelete