Very Berry Toddler Bites

I made these cakey toddler bites this morning, TC likes to have a cake all to herself and unless I make mini muffins or similarly sized cakes they tend to get demolished or I end up finding crumbly bits all over the place!



These are so very simple, very tasty, low sugar and full of berry fruits!  Plus you can knock these out in minutes, even with little helping hands!

Take 50g softened unsalted butter and 25-30g golden caster sugar - cream together with an electric mixer until pale.

Add 1 egg and a few drops of vanilla extract, beat with butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.

Add 85g of self-raising flour and fold into the batter.

Add your berries, I used blueberries that were too soft to eat but fine for baking, fold in very gently.

Pop into your base lined tin, I used my brownie tin, the cakes are better if they are slim for tiny fingers and with no extra baking powder they won't rise too much. 

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 for about 20 minutes until lovely and golden brown.

Cut in mini squares, this recipe makes only a small batch, but enough for mummy to have a tasty treat too!





No comments:

Post a Comment