TC is going to Day Nursery 2 afternoons a week! The list I have of things I must do/want to do/should do has got longer and longer over the last 2 + years by next Christmas I may have caught up with myself!
- Get a hair cut, I could give Rapunzel a run in the long hair stakes!
- Physically go to a shop and luxuriously wander around perusing the racks, then actually try the clothes on before I buy them hoping they will a) look reasonably ok & b) fit!
- Get myself to the optician for an eye test, I am way overdue and although I only need glasses for reading, all my glasses now are bent in some baby/toddler grabbing way.
- Read a book without having to do a quick recap because I either fell asleep reading or hadn't got back to my book for several days.
- Enjoy a facial, massage, pedicure, manicure, any of those would be most appreciated.
- Go for a relaxing swim and get myself dried and dressed first instead of dripping and shivering whilst wrestling her back into her clothes.
- Go to the supermarket and walk around with both eyeballs focused on food instead of a supermarket trolley dash with a lively, impatient toddler!
- Tidy up the house (have you seen Older Mum's house, so fabulously tidy *sigh*) and keep it so without a small person coming up behind me undoing all my tidying!
- Fill a Hippo bag with household and garden debris - it's amazing how fast I can fill one up and still need another!
- wash the dog, clean out my car, paint something or all of them!
But at the end of the day, I will miss that cheerful, happy-go-lucky little girl more than a litttle bit and I'm sure I can find a window of time to take a deep breath and enjoy a few moments to myself whilst pondering the fact that another milestone in her life has been reached....