5:2 Fast Diet - What I Ate - Week 2

I kept it very simple this week with my 5:2 Fast Diet meals, the week was set to be very busy so quick, easy, simple were my buzz words!  I even had to  tell the girls that I wouldn't be there for our monthly girls night out this week which is probably just as well!


This week I managed to keep my calories down to 479 on day 1 and 493 on day 2.  I found it easier after my initial glass of water and tea upon rising to wait until I was actually hungry in the mornings so around 11am I had a late breakfast of 100g 0% yoghurt & fruit plus a boiled egg or 25g bacon (no fat) with a pile of watercress and rocket leaves and then through to dinner with only green tea, water and another cup of tea with carefully measured skimmed milk.

On day 1 I made baked fish with tons of steamed vegetables for dinner, day 2, 50g grilled chicken with a vegetable stir fry and another plate of steamed vegetables. 

It's not been easy this week with the freezing weather when all I wanted was stodgy carbs and warming foods.  And food shopping for the family on an empty stomach was really hard!

Next week I am going to to meal plan for my fasting days as well as the rest of the week.  Everything I like to eat is far more calories than I am allowed so a bit of more forward planning is in order!

I do feel that the 5:2 Fasting Diet would be more suitable for me to do in the warmer months and with that said I shall be changing things next week - still fasting though!
 
I'm also factoring in some exercise into the mix, its not that I'm not active, if you have or have had a 2 year old in your life you will know what I mean, just want to focus more on targetted exercise like a swim every week sans toddler (so I actually get a swim) and blowing the cobwebs off some of my home gym equipment which will speed up my metabolism and weight loss.  I have another 10lbs to go and 1-2lb a week is my target.


Total weight loss this week:  1lb





7 comments:

  1. You don't have that much left to lose. You will be there before you know it. I find identifying low calorie foods that I also see as treats really helps me.
    Well done on the loss.
    Thanks for linking up to #WobblesWednesday on Naked Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the less you have to lose the hard it is I think, I need to exercise more! Love your Naked Mum Blog!

      Delete
  2. Well I have to say I am very impressed - especially as I reckon this is a tricky time of year to do something like this. 1lb - very well done you! X.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested in this diet. You could make a vegetable soup with sweating the veg in water instead of sauteeing. The you'd have a hot soup to eat throughout the day with minimal calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MLSM, some do graze all day on this diet but it is about fasting as well as calorie restriction so you're "supposed" to go from breakfast to dinner with only green teas or suchlike, which is why I find it so hard so will be trying a modified one for a couple of weeks then doing 5:2 some weeks or even merging the 2, I just want to see what suits my body. Love soup!

      Delete
  4. Well done on your loss and good luck for the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete