The 2 year old child explored

"Having a 2 year old is like having a blender without a lid" - Jerry Seinfeld.  I did laugh at this, those of you who have 2 year olds or have had them will raise a sneaky chuckle at this.  At 2 years and 3 months old TC is a gem of a child, having already raised a child to adulthood I can almost, I say almost, sit back and relive the twists and turns of the toddler child and enjoy all their many facets.

Each day brings fresh learning, watching her absorb things so quickly and do things I haven't shown her reminds me how independent they get from this age.  You can get zero past this 27 month old, an elephant has nothing on TC's memory!

She is text book child and because I have the T-shirt I know "this too will pass" with regard to the mini diva stuff, the little meltdowns that come with lack of patience (hers not mine!), her huff's last for a minute, she's far too busy getting on with the next thing to let anything get her down.  I do get it, I feel that way myself at times and I'm an adult!  They say be careful what you wish for, I think if I had a wish list, TC would be it, she is spirited, cheeky and most definitely feisty.

I live in the pretend land of 2 year old make-believe - a wonderful place to be with mini-me.  We have tea parties, we immerse ourselves in story books where the characters are real to her and she believes all the stories I make up.  I know one day we'll have to leave when TC grows up but for now I'm enjoying being back there.

The "chatter" is fascinating, she has many words and links a few up now, although she manages to get her point across with one word - wow! again! more! mummy! poo!  I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the many funny's she will say, this time I will take the time to write as many of them down as I can.  I go back in the pathways of my mind and recall the boy's magic moments and I smile, the smile where people wonder what you are thinking about that made you smile like that.

Her mimicking skills are making me say "do I do that?", clearly I am pulling a face when putting on mascara, making a funny shaped mouth when applying lip balm or being animated when talking - these and many more do I find myself thinking how influencial we are to such a tiny, fast growing mind - nuture and nature combined!  More and more each day she is tackling things with little hands that want no help, she has a "I can do it myself" mindset and I have to let her be her.

We love music, Mr J was a drummer in many a band in his day, TC loves a good sing-song, the sillier the better.  Her favourite this week is singing "baby, baby, baby" and then a big loud OH Justin Bieber style, with all the dance action she can muster.  She makes me laugh.... a lot.
 
I have rediscovered the joy of running too, I literally have to run and chase TC every day in some form or another, she has me bouncing on beds, jumping around, she is as quick as a flash and always up for a game of chase me mummy.  If we could bottle a toddlers energy it would be a bestseller!



All this keeps me very fit and I haven't missed a night's sleep since she was 8 weeks old.  I do love my sleep and TC is no different, this girl can sleep for 13 hours plus a nap in the daytime too and I am thankful I am able to recharge my batteries each night ready for the next day.   Her constant bed time companion has been Violet, the environmental sounds used to whisk me off to sleep too when we shared a room. 




We've never had a struggle with bedtimes, a nightly play-time bath leads to a cuddle with her drinking her milk and the deep sigh that signifies another day is done, another day gone but never forgotten, these are the times I will remember with love and that smile on my face .....
.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely post - Little A loves to sing and dance too - she's constantly making up songs and dancing around and around in circles! She's now at a stage (she's three in Jan) where she reads books and points at the words completely making up a story of her own. It's delightful to watch! I love violet - how cute is that dog? It's great that TC is such a good sleeper as well. Little A is going through a tougher period with sleep at the moment as she is starting to drop her final nap which is messing everything up at the moment - if she naps, she will usually sleep through, and if she doesn't she tends to wake up once during the night - but this too shall pass! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't nap 7 days a week now, 5 is about average, a change is a comin'! I do love the 2-3 year old age group, but then I'll probably say that about the 3-4's too when I get to it xx

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this, such a lovely tribute to TC and your relationship with her. Reading your posts often makes me remind myself to cherish the little moments more, as they grow so fast.

    You are very lucky to have been blessed with such a good sleeper. Is there a secret? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. having had one that didn't sleep well, I knew what I may be in for but she slipped into a lovely routine from the start and I stuck to it, she literally gets in bed most nights, covers herself, closes her eyes and she's into dreamland, she stirs when I go to bed sometimes but always goes back to sleep, not looking forward to school days when we will have to get up early!! I think they are all so different, I wish a great sleeper for you with EB & much much more xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh how important it is to remmeber, this too will pass! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Great idea to write down as many of these moments as you can. All to quickly our babies grow up and its easy to forget some of them.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post, Joshua will be 2 in a couple of weeks and I can so relate to all of this magic!

    Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 is a magical age, enjoy every minute as Mich says it all goes too fast. Popping over from Magic Moments

    ReplyDelete