Let's Go Round Again - Retro '80's Shoes

Shoes *sigh* don't you just love them, I know I do.  I love everything about a great pair of shoes, they are things of great beauty to me.  As a teen my first pair of shoes came from Sacha in the Kings Road, Chelsea, I worked my socks off for weeks in my Saturday job and saved up half for them and mum provided the rest.  I've been smitten ever since.

I helped clear out my sister-in-law's loft last year and found boxes and boxes of shoes from her youth, some were best aimed out but a few styles have made a comeback it seems.   
                                
Gina Shoes are featuring genuine designs from the 1980's for the next couple of days on secretsales.com  These (and many more) shoes whisked me back to the 80's for a moment.  Gina Shoes were established in 1954 by shoemaker Mehmet Kurdash, inspired by his muse Gina Lollobrigida. Kurdash handmade glamorous shoes noted worldwide for their exquisite sculpturing.   You can read about their history here.



and here are some of the shoes from the mid 80's, not nearly as glamorous as Gina but well worn and well loved.






TC's favourite word next to dog is shoe, thats my girl!





.

8 comments:

  1. Loving the fact that you're daughter is obsessed with shoes - sounds like she's a girl after your own heart! I remember those 80's style shoes....are the bottom lot all yours? Did you keep them?! You must have a wardrobe FULL of shoes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shoes!! i so wish i could walk in them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. practice, practice, practice, Jamie, I've had loads, I wore stilettos throughout my first pregnancy way back, I was young then :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant - love that one of TC's favourite words is shoe, and those Gina shoes are fab - so very eighties. I remember buying my shoes from Barratts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a Ravel's girl OM, mostly because I had a Saturday job there & got a discount!

      Delete
  4. Ooh a shoe post. Fabulous! I own one pair of Gina shoes - a present from husband many years ago. I've hardly ever worn them because I love them so much,( and never go anywhere worthy of their glamness) but sometimes I get them out the wardrobe, give them a stroke and admire their beauty. The photo of TC in Mummy's shoes made me laugh. Pip loves getting all my shoe boxes out of the wardrobe and trying my shoes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same with some of my shoes MP, glad I'm not alone there :) Pip may be the next Blahnik or Louboutin! I'll be first in the queue x

      Delete