It's.Not.The.Point.

Why, oh why...oh why, this definitely calls for 3 oh why's, did I blink and reach for a biscuit for TC??  In that split second she reached for my mug of tea and spilt it all over my trusty laptop. 

Chaos followed with me yelling for Mr J - who is in the industry so my go-to-guy for all things soft and hardware - and holding up my dripping laptop!  We tried drying it out for a couple of days to no avail, it was well and truly stuffed! 

I get really attached to some inanimate objects that go on a journey with me and when they either wear out or need updating it makes me a little sad :( and even though the laptop was over 5 years old and elderly in computer terms, I would have used it till it worked no more or until a 2 year old got there first! 

But they say every cloud has a silver lining, so on the positive side:
  • the carpet has been washed and spruced up
  • a new whizzier (however did I cope with just 1GB!) laptop has been purchased - in the sale too!
  • it was luke-warm tea (who gets to drink a hot one, hands up) and not red wine (such a waste!).
  • and most importantly, nobody got hurt.

TC probably did me a favour, the new laptop is so much faster, but it's.not.the.point, and I never did get my tea.

.

9 comments:

  1. 'Twas the God of health chastising you for giving her a biccy... (Although I suspect it was a sugar free onee :0)!

    Love the silver lining points. And I agree, nothing worse than luke warm tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe am I that mad, sugar free, no m&s kiddy all butter biscuits, very yummy for mummy too x

      Delete
  2. So that's where you've been ?! That must have been such a mare! Glad you have a new PC and that you are back to the blog! Ps. my OH is a techy too - handy! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me about it OM, very inconvenient is the polite word! Don't you find having an OH in the biz isn't always a plus, like having Nicky Clarke & never getting your hair done! On the plus side though, at 10pm I can always call him to "fix" something LOL!

      Delete
  3. Utter nightmare...! Am terrified that I will do the same thing... but v comforted by your story that you GOT A NEW ONE. Perhaps I might have a cup of tea after all??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Ladybird WM. Your blog looks great, love your writing style :)

      Delete
  4. Note to self: when want new laptop, put in close proximity to cup of tea and daughter!!

    Hope you have made friends with your new laptop. WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, over the trauma now LOL & its so much better thanks, change can be good sometimes :)

      Delete
  5. Can you send your little one my way? I've been trying to figure out a "kind" way to put our ancient computer permanently to rest. Does it matter if the tea is decaffienated? ;-)

    ReplyDelete