Key Locators


Even before TC came along we were always misplacing our keys, car keys, house keys, office keys.  For a few years we had a key hook on which we deposited all keys on entering the house... well that was the theory anyway, didn't stop me from piling into the house with a child, shopping, dog, etc and losing the keys in the chaos. 

Fast forward to TC who has had a thing for keys since she could sit up!  In the last few months we have lost our keys over and over because she likes to hold onto a set of keys and then will not release them from her gorgeous chubby little hands.  Lots of cajoling and distraction techniques later we vowed to hide them from her and make up her own set but no, only our actual keys will do.

After she became mobile she graduated to (mis)placing my set of door keys in my filing cabinet, in the bin, under my duvet and under the dog's bed, it was days before I finally located them after that one!  So when I found these nifty little key locators on Amazon I thought they were worth a try.



I now have them on my house, office and car keys (and stuck on the Sky controls!) and keep the spare keys (which she was also fantastic at relocating) in a box way out of reach with the control locator.  Now a quick press of the appropriate colour coded button finds my keys!     Brilliant!






5 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea. It is so easy to lose keys with a small one around, either through them taking them or being a distracted/over tired parent. I lost my door keys about a year ago and after a day of searching high and low for them made the expensive decision to change the locks.

    A week later I found them in my coat pocket. The one I'd checked 3 times! Seriously think I might buy one of these gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe MP, I've done something similar myself! We use the key locators every day -TC will no doubt grow out of the key obsession at some point!

      Delete
  2. Now this is a great idea! Something I can do with after my lock out escapade! Its so annoying when keys go walk a bout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maddening, isn't it :)) I'm sure there is a naughty key fairy!

      Delete
  3. I so need these! I think I may have to get some for myself - the amount of times I am running round the house to find my keys is stupid. My husband complains that "if you put them on the rack....." well thats not going to happen so I will go for the next best thing and get this instead! x

    ReplyDelete