Chocolate & Vanilla Caramel Icecream

Decided to take part in the icecream challenge set by Kavey Eats Bloggers Scream for Icecream this month which is to make an icecream with condensed milk as the base. 



I ♥ ♥ ♥ icecream, anytime, anyplace, anywhere, in hot weather or the middle of winter on a windswept beach (or our English summer!).  I cannot pass by Thorntons without having a dollop of Chocolate Heaven, luckily for my hips I don't pass by one very often!

I don't have the luxury of an icecream machine, so usually make a very fast tub of icecream by just whipping up double cream and then adding flavours and textures, literally ice cream.

My favourite is one with chocolate and caramel with chocolate pieces running through it, I also love vanilla, could not choose, so this is the result!

Melt 100g of dark 70% Green & Black's chocolate over a bain marie.
After beating together 300ml of double cream, 200g (approximately half a tin) of Carnation condensed milk, add a very large sprinkling of small cocoa buttons and a splash of vanilla extract.


Split the mixture into 2 bowls and add the melted chocolate to one bowl and beat for a further minute to combine.  Line a tub with a layer of the vanilla base, then pipe a layer of Carnation caramel onto the vanilla.  Follow with the chocolate mixture and just in case there isn't enough chocolate in this icecream sprinkle a few cocoa buttons on the surface.

Place into the freezer overnight.  The result is a deeply chocolatey, caramelly, choccy button crunching vanilla icecream!  I shall be using condensed milk again!
melting fast, eat me quick!

.

7 comments:

  1. Talk about a trip down memory lane...my Mum always used to make ice cream with condensed milk when we were kids. Our favourite was a choc chip one (it was less professional than yours) she just grated chocolate into it, but we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Professional, me? hehe, thanks MP you are so lovely. It really is so easy to make and not expensive, Mr J is going to explode with all the icecream he's eating!

      Delete
  2. So glad to have you take part in the challenge, and hope you enjoyed the condensed milk ice cream. I think I've become so addicted to it that it'll be hard to make ice cream any other way for a while!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to take part, thanks. I licked all the bowls & spoons & scraped every last drop out of the caramel tin! There's just something about gooey caramel isn't there :))

      Delete
    2. Yes, I love that extra flavour it gives...

      Delete
  3. Everything tastes better with condensed milk. Your ice cream recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete