Super Chocolately Chocolate Brownies

This brownie recipe is very dense in chocolatey taste and texture, I can only eat a tiny square at a time as its so rich and gooey, but so moist, which equals so fabulous and yummy!  So very hard to resist!

First of all I want to thank The Food Network for my super gorgeous KitchenAid, I entered a competition last year, never thinking I could win one and I've been in love with it ever since, its a great piece of kitchen kit!

So mixer, spatula, measuring spoons at the ready, let's bake!
First, pre-heat your oven to 180°C or if like me you have a fan oven  - 160°C.


1.  Ingredients:  butter, light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, plain flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, dark chocolate min. 70%.

*Melt half of the chocolate over a bain marie, when melted take off the heat & set aside to cool a little*

2.  Cream butter for a couple of minutes, add sugar & vanilla extract, beat together until light and fluffy.


3.  Add the eggs (whisk first if you wish) and mix in, if the mixture starts to curdle add a tablespoon of the flour. 


4.  Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the bowl and stir in until combined.

5.  Pour in melted chocolate and stir in.


 6.  Chop  the rest of the chocolate into chunks (however you like them, I chopped each chunk in half) & stir in.


 7.  Pour into 8" (20cm) greased tin or mould (I used a silicone mould for the first time and prefer my tin, if using a tin line with baking paper then it will be easy to lift out of the tin).


8.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.


9.  Leave to cool, if you have no patience like me go out :)  This recipe makes 16 mini brownies - perfect with a cup of coffee or a 9 larger ones.



Enjoy!
.

4 comments:

  1. What good luck to win a Kitchen Aid mixer. You must have been so pleased. I think if I was coming for coffee at your house, I'd hope you'd cut those brownies into the big squares not the smaller ones! Yum.:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome at our house, any excuse for me to bake!

      Delete
  2. Ooo these look delicious, might have to give them a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. do try them Gina, will be doing some more kid-friendly ones, less rich. Thanks for our comment x

    ReplyDelete