Sassy Water

I drink a lot of water, about 1.5 - 2 litres a day.  Most of my friends are aghast at this and ask how I manage to fit it all in a day :))  Others say how boring water is to drink.  I really like it, simple as that!  Getting Mr J & TC to drink water is not that easy, TC is getting her fill most days but Mr J still needs a bit of encouragement!   We're all "supposed" to be drinking 8 glasses a day but I never know how big the glass is supposed to be, so I'll just stick with my intake.

So Sassy water.  I came across it several months ago but its been around for a while now.  I keep meaning to try it, I always have the ingredients in the fridge apart from the fresh mint leaves which I will try to get for my next batch, so there really is no excuse. 

Sassy water is so named after Cynthia Sass, the co-author of The Flat Belly Diet.  It is said to help maintain a flat belly, helping to flush impurities out of your system and helping to shed the extra pounds around the tummy area (hallelujah to that!)

To make, take:


1 large glass jug (mine has cocktail recipes etched all over it, very apt!!)
2 litres of water - we have a filter plumbed into our kitchen supply but I'm using mineral water.
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 medium sized cucumber - sliced thinly
1 medium sized lemon - sliced thinly
a few fresh mint leaves, if you have them

Ginger is to boost metabolism and helps calm your tummy (who can forget morning sickness, bleuch, I drank ginger tea then)

Cucumber is a natural diuretic and is said to help the body release excess stored water.

Lemon is a digestive aid and liver cleanser.

Put all the ingredients into the glass jug, refrigerate overnight to let the flavours infuse.  In the morning, strain the contents through a sieve and drink throughout the day.  I'm not sure I'll manage the whole jug, I like my plain, unflavoured water but I'm giving it a go!



Very refreshing and hopefully whittling down the tum-tum.  And as we have been promised a scorching week this week, a touch of ice might be added but sadly no vodka!

Cheers!

.

6 comments:

  1. It sound like it might taste quite nice actually. Will be interested to hear if it produces the desired results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is surprisingly tasty, need more ginger next time but I've gone thru 2 litres today, will let you know about the other :))

      Delete
  2. This is excellent - it sounds very refreshing! I'm book marking this. I used to drink loads of water .... and it made such a difference to my skin. Need to start drinking much more again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. been drinking for a couple of days now & its so refreshing in this gorgeous weather! Do give it a go x

      Delete