Breakfast Favourite

I generally only eat breakfast if I'm hungry, I think one should listen to one's own body where the "rules" about never skipping breakfast are concerned.  Children, of course, are a differerent matter but thats for another post. 

One of my favourite starts to the day is so quick and easy.   Just natural yogurt, seeds & fruit.

I like to keep a seed mix ground up, with some unground seeds in too for the chew, in a jar in the fridge - mine is usually sunflower, pumpkin, sesame & linseed (preferably the golden because it is richer in essential fats apparently, but brown is fine too).   

Chia seeds


Chia is a powerhouse little seed that contains a rich concentration of essential fatty acids with omega-3 and  omega-6. Chia has so many health benefits, its loaded with antioxidants - more than blueberries, vitamins and minerals - including more calcium than milk, fibre, protein and so much more.  I could write a whole blog post just on this amazing little seed, suffice it to say its been a welcome addition to my diet.

I mix the chia seeds into the yogurt,  then sprinkle the seed mix on top of  the yogurt & then finish off with the fruit.  I do a variation sometimes depending what's in the cupboard, with ground almonds (a great source of calcium) and dried fruit.  Holland & Barrett do some very good seed/nut/dried fruit mixes.

Very simple, very filling,very yummy!   Tuck in!

.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge berry fan but your post has made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could I would.... eat them all day, I could even give up chocolate for them!!

      Delete