Happy New Year - no resolutions, no promises....

A belated Happy New Year to you all!
I came across this quote the other day by Alexander Graham Bell, I knew the first part but not all of it & it really rang true for me.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

I don't usually remember my dreams once I've put the kettle on in the morning but I had a dream before Baby Chick was born which has stayed with me, about a door in front of me that swung open as I approached it.  Beyond the door was a fabulous garden bathed in sunshine with beautiful flowers & birds it was truly like my idea of paradise.  Best of all was the feeling of intense happiness & peace that washed over me as I drank it all in.   You know the kind of dream where you wake up, realise its all a dream & try to doze back into it because it was so good.

With a pregnancy that was a worry from the day I found out until the day I gave birth, I saw the dream as a sign that all would be well, thankfully it was but I will always keep that dream in the forefront of my mind as a reminder to myself that life does go on & for me its time .....  for moving forward & embracing the past & the memories kept safely in my heart & mind, never forgetting, never forgiving but letting go... well a little, if I can ....... no resolutions, no promises..... :)

As I finish this post, the gales here have subsided & the sun has come out, another sign maybe??


 

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting. I also knew the first part of that quote but didn't know there was a second part. The place in your dream sounds fabulous. I believe in signs too. Unfortunately all I saw when I was pregnant with my son was magpies...I ended up doing alot of saluting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a magpie saluter in the past, we have a lot around here lol. I think pregnancy hormones send us all a bit loopy with worry sometimes! Thanks for breaking my 1st comment duck!!

    ReplyDelete